Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of beam:
- noun: long thick piece of wood or metal or concrete, etc., used in construction
- noun: (nautical) breadth amidships
- noun: a column of light (as from a beacon)
- noun: a group of nearly parallel lines of electromagnetic radiation
- noun: a gymnastic apparatus used by women gymnasts
- noun: a signal transmitted along a narrow path; guides pilots in darkness or bad weather
- verb: smile radiantly; express joy through one's facial expression
- verb: express with a beaming face or smile
Example: "He beamed his approval"
- verb: especially of the complexion: show a strong bright color, such as red or pink
- verb: emit light; be bright, as of the sun or a light
Example: "The fire beamed on their faces"
- verb: experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion
Example: "She was beaming with joy"
- verb: broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 16666 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2070)
Search for beam at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for beam (New!)
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse